Saturday, January 8, 2011

Of Puke, Family, and Cardio

Witless Exposition says: So I guess it's my turn to say I'm not dead yet?

Well, I'm not, even if Baby Jesus tried to kill me the day after Christmas.  After several days of overindulging in all manner of things, I woke up Saturday sick and dizzy.  My body literally rebelled against what I had been doing to it, and I puked up something roughly the same shade as the UT Longhorn. (There's my bit to help you keep from eating today, guys)

Since then, I've been eating terrible stuff for me (my dad and grandparent's came for a visit, so we ate out a lot), but in smaller doses.  Combine that with walking around for several hours at different tourist traps and I'm back on track.  I'm down two more pounds this week.

Hopefully going back to the gym after such a long hiatus won't kill me.

Lorraine says: I'm telling you, there was a plague going around and we all caught it from each other via interwebs.

If this was the week where we told the entire world that we weren't dead, well then I guess that makes Bret dead. Actually, he sent me a text message last night that said, "I didn't even know it was Thursday until right now."

One can only conclude that he has overdosed on sausage.

As for you Wife, between your eating badly and losing weight, and Bear's video gaming and losing weight we can only assume the following: 1.) LIARS. b.) Damn, that's a lot of cardio! (which would explain the puking or cat.) Baby jesus really hates me.

TBM says: It was actually really hard to avoid all that damn eating out.  Well maybe avoid isn't the work.  Mitigate.  I don't think I've had anything but salad for at least 1 meal everyday this week to help with all the other stuff we've been eating.
Wife's family has a fascination with food that would rival Lily's fascination with cardio.

Lily says: Damn, that's a lot of love for food. Because I sure love me some cardio. I'm going to try and stay away from you guys... I don't really want to get whatever plague is going around. 

1 comment:

  1. I have resolved to lose weight this year for sure. I have, I have!

    So far, I've gained two pounds. HORRIFIC.

    ReplyDelete