Thursday, November 25, 2010

Goodbye 270's (until next week)

Bret (What the Hell) Says- 


Hello all, my weekly weigh in shows me at 269-which i minus 16 so far, a 2 pound loss, which i think is collectively more than this entire pathetic group.  I'd be proud of that, but I think lily has gained 8 pounds since we started, so it really doesn't count.

First off, let me point you here... http://s00permac.blogspot.com/2010/11/good-sweat.html this would be the blog of one our most (and by that I mean only) loyal readers who has written her 2nd blogging blog feature.  Essentially she is fascinated like a child watching a rat in a maze about our continuing evolving thoughts on weight loss, and offers some possibly helpful tips on how to stay healthy.  I say possibly because I believe she is a smoker, which means that she will stay fit, trim, and healthy until she succumbs to lung cancer in 3 months.  For those who go ahead and read, please note that her 1st point is the essence of my entire diet.  I'm not counting calories.  I'm doing healthy foods and portion controls.

Also, I did my biggest weight loss secret of all this week:  I got my hair cut.  My hair was getting pretty long, and I cut it really short, so i think that was a tenth of a pound in my favor.  If I could lose a tenth of a pound every time I pay 15 dollars, I'd be all over it.  The fast food alone would make me skinny.

OK here is my other dirty little secret:  I have the Wii Fit.  Now, the Wii Fit sucks as an exercise tool (oh look!  after setting up the game, listening to the instructions for a minute, waited for the timer to count down, and watched the post game graphics of my wii celebrating, I burned 2 calories!), however it is GREAT as a weight tracking tool.

For instance, my likely broken scale, the one that I use to tell you my weight here, goes only by half pounds.  That alone is demoralizing.  If you have to lose half a pound to see progress, that means you can work hard for a few days before a scale even tells you anything.  And I know that you aren't supposed to look at a scale every day, but I also know that I will never STOP looking.  So shut up.

Any"weigh" besides that fact I've noticed my scale doesn't really go in half pounds.  It goes in pound "sections".  So all week I watch my scale bounce between 271.5 and 269 and I hope and pray that it ends on 269 so I can say I lost weight.  (Actually today it bounced between 267 and 269, which means I know that according to that scale, I will NEVER weigh 268).

The Wii fit though, tells you BMI to the 2nd decimal, and weight to the first.  So when I measure myself daily I can see some sort of change, and that's what really drives me forward.  Especially in this tough holiday season when cookies are everywhere and softball is over.  I started a workout plan that has been successful so far, but I fully believe only because I can see the daily fluctuations of my body on the wii fit to constantly inspire or shame me.

Which leads me to this place, which has honestly been successful in doing the same thing.  Knowing that if I quit dieting means that I either have to 1)report weight gain here or 2) publicly quit a lorraine-like failure keeps me looking at each week as a goal.  It's been very good in keeping me driving towards small goals and focusing at the task on hand for the long run, that is, up until I quit in a few weeks.

Anyway, everyone out here have a Happy Thanksgiving, I am quite certain that this next week will be an absolute blogging blobs disaster.  And I'm looking forward to it.


I'm not even going to pretend I read anything past Chole's post mention. So whatever your said, "Bret" is a moot point. Happy thanksgiving. I'm off to celebrate when the cowboys killed the indians. 


I'm still amazed at the crazy tricks we try to say we've lost weight. Really, Tricky, hair? It's only a matter of time before someone orders a tapeworm from China or something.
I can't say I'm surprised you have a Wii, that fits in perfectly with my mental image of you.
Prepare for the fail and happy Thanksgiving.

Closet Homo Says-

A Wii fit?  Really?  I suppose you do require negative feedback in order to opperate by normal human standards.  Only in this wonderfully obese country could we justify playing a video game as exercise, but I'm almost proud that you haven't swallowed that pill...like a box of Zebra cakes.

Bret Says-

I'm just amazed that all of you have responded.  Well, not all of you, but who expected Lor anyway?  I'm sure she doesn't want to type with turkey carcass and gravy dripping from her fingers as she forgoes silverware for being "too slow."

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the holla, blobs! and i know, cigarettes are killing me. quitting is on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete