Monday, November 22, 2010

A slight change of plan

So this week the Wife and I are on vacation, visiting my father in-law and in all honesty I've completely forgotten about my post until just now.  As such I'll be diverging from our regular format and forgoing the mockery.  Or at least the mockery I suffer in the actual post itself.

By all means you guys feel free to fire away in the comments.

So I've been eating pretty good and I've gone to the gym everyday up till Friday which is when we left.  We met with a trainer at the gym we joined and we're now working by a plan, which actually seems to be helping.

First off the evils of circuit training...whoever invented this particular workout format is most assuredly roasting in the fires of Hell right now.  A 30 minute workout consisting of 60 second intervals of light weight lifting and cardio.  Let me tell, it's a fucking painful experience.

And then there's the damn "Arch" machine (Using "'s here because I'm not 100% sure what the thing is called.  It sounded like they said arch).  It's like a machine that makes you run a row of tires...only there's no stopping.  Just high stepping as fast as you can.  I'm not entirely sure my legs will ever feel the same again.

And last but certainly not least is the God forsaken Elliptical.  This device was obviously created by Satan himself.  It's like the "Arch" machine only it's really hard to go slow.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what but it seems like I gain momentum and all of sudden I'm like sprinting and to be frank...my fat ass can't handle that shit for long.

So that's been my week.  I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to manage a workout routine while I'm away from the gym.  So far that plan has gone abysmally.  I've done nothing but sit around and play video games and watch movies all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment