Monday, December 6, 2010

The Dawning of New Diet

TBM Says: I read once that if you allow yourself just one day a week to eat whatever you want, it'll make the rest of the week of dieting that much easier.  I've considered as much for myself and even tried a couple of times, but it always seems to continue to the next day and the day after that and so on and so forth.  

The Wife and I have had some distinct issues with getting back into the gym since we got back from Thanksgiving as well.  Only 3 times in the last week.  It's kind of depressing and honestly kind of painful those few days we have gone.

However, I'm going to be trying to put all these short comings behind me.  Today is a new day.  We've bought groceries for a significantly healthier diet and I AM going to the gym tomorrow...with or without her.  That's not true.  I'm going to force my dearest darling wife to come along too.  The healthier we are the more likely we are to have a child and that's the goal of the moment for us.

So raise your bowls of sugar free oatmeal with me folks!!  It's a new week and by God I'm going to lose at least 2 pounds!!

PS - I'm officially restarting at 283...

Fishy Says: You think going to the gym is painful for you?  Imagine the how the equipment that has to hold up your fat butt feels.
 
My prediction:  In 3 weeks you will officially restart at 297.

Lily Says: Fishy water-Bret, don't you think your Wii Fit feels the same way? 

I think you can do it, Bear!

TBM Says: Actually, I weighed in again this morning and I'm already down to 280 again.  I guess I'll see where I stand after the first day of managed diet and a trip to the gym.  I started recording my calorie intake at http://caloriecount.about.com/, hopefully that helps to make things a little more quantified for me.

Wifey Says: It really makes you think about eating that piece of cake when you see exactly how many calories and how much fat it has.  I try to not look at it as guilt, but just a price tag check.  If I see a shirt I like, I look at the price tag and decide if it's really worth that much to me.  Calories, fat, carbs, etc. are just the price tag of what we eat.

2 comments:

  1. i dont know if you guys are already doing this, but you should be weighing yourself at the same time every day and under the same circumstances, because your weight can change significantly over the course of the day. to get the lightest reading, you should do it in the morning after a bowel movement and before breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I constantly take note of Rapid Trim Ultra. I, implausibly, have to care for their news. So now you may begin to get a bigger picture in reference to a lose weight that performs a turf for a weight loss programs.
    http://www.topwellnesspro.com/rapid-trim-ultra-reviews/

    ReplyDelete