Friday, December 3, 2010

Just In Time For Christmas

Bret Says: 272.  Up 3 pounds.  Well that sucks.  I was actually only up a half a pound until yesterday, and then schizo scale had to jump that up after the one day I ate like a normal human.

Seriously.  The only thing I did well this week was that I didn't do any late night snacking.  This is because by 4 PM I had already consumed 16 pounds of turkey and was long ago passed out in some uncomfortable position near the kitchen table.

There was only one night that I did not have turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes as my main (and huge) meal.  One night, for whatever reason, all I had for dinner was pumpkin pie.

I'm sorry, I wrote that wrong.  All I had for dinner was A pumpkin pie.

You see, honestly, I am not a sweets person.  I mean they are good, but I far more crave the taste of some hormone injected dead farm animal.  That's what gets my engine running.  Not eating chocolate, or ice cream, or anything like that was simple for me.  No cravings at all.

But pumpkin pie I will kill for.

I need to get back on the ball, and soon.  This is supposed to be the one thing I cannot allow myself to lose at.  I want to live a long, healthy, energy filled life.  God help me if I end up like these other four pathetic saps.


Lorraine Says: Why am I not surprised Bret prefers meat to sweets? And just so that we're clear, he's working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, no break. He doesn't get laid. He doesn't drink. He eats whole pies for dinner and is GAINING weight. But us four are the pathetic losers?

I think I'm doing the math wrong.

You do realize that by the time you eat through the world's supply of Thanksgiving leftovers, it'll be time for Christmas, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment