Monday, December 13, 2010

Pleased to Meet You...Won't You Guess My Name?

TBM Says: So I weighed in on Thursday cause I felt like I was doing extra good with the whole dieting/exercise thing and low and behold I was down 4 pounds.  276.  Needless to say I was pretty happy with my results.  As Friday came, I realized I had a social gathering (yes unlike Bret I do manage to have friends outside the internet) that I planned on heading to.  Just a couple guys from work, the wives and some ribs.

I restrained myself, I really wanted to have more ribs, but I resisted and managed to only go about 300 calories over my normal 1800 for that day.  Saturday found us being lazy and missing the gym...little did I remember that the damn joint closed at 7 pm on the weekends.  We did however take the pooches for a nice 30 minute stroll so it's not like we sat on our asses the entire day...just most of it.

And then there was Sunday...with the wife feeling like crap and Warcraft whispering sweet nothings in my ear I knew there was no hope that we'd be going to the gym.  I also had to get my last bit of Christmas shopping done so I guess I can count that bit of store trolling as some exercise.  Anyway...I've read that allowing yourself one day of indulgence during a week of dieting makes the rest of the week easier.  Having this bullshit thought firmly in my head I picked up a piece of cake and pizza from the local grocery and headed home to surprise the ailing wife.

As the consequence for my "indulgence", when I weighed in this morning I found that I was back to 280.  I swear to God I almost through the damn scale.  I mean how the fuck can 3 slices...fine I had 4...4 fucking pieces of shitty pizza make that much of a difference?  I didn't even have lunch yesterday.  

I think I'm adding pizza to my public enemy list...#1.  Fuck you Papa Domino Hut.

Lily Says: By "through the damn scale" do you mean you "almost threw the damn scale"?

TBM Says: Thank you grammartron.  See I was so enraged that I forgot how to spell. 

Lily Says:  Yeah.... aha. Be glad it was me and not Bret.

TBM Says:  I'm sure he's just laying in wait, for the best time to pounce and crush my fragile psyche.

Lorraine Says:  I'm not sure what all the anger is about. I think it's pretty obvious that you just need to poop.
Thank you for proving the whole "one day of indulgence" theory wrong though. Comfort yourself with the thought that your brief brush with success and then crushing bounce back was a valuable lesson to us other blobs.
Just like I learned from Lily that pink stains go with anything! And from Bret that if you buy a broken scale, you too can lose weight! And from the Wife that staying hydrated while exercising is overrated.
This is what we're here for people. 

Bret "The Hammer" Says: Had I gotten here first I would have said, "Bear is so fat he can't even spell "threw" without extra letters.

For the record, I think you should have "throughn" the scale.  It would have burned a few more calories.  And frankly, at this point, your scale would probably appreciate a quick, shatter-filled death rather than the slow crushing you put on that thing.  You think it can feel the difference between 280, and 276?

No comments:

Post a Comment